Banana and Mango Pie
Bananas and Mangoes are a great combination of colours and flavors, especially when topped with toasted coconut chips. Coconut chips are available in some supermarkets and most health food stores. They are worth using as they look more attractive than dry shredded coconut.
- 20 cm ready made pastry shell
For the Filling :
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 3.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1.25 cups soy milk
- 0.75 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toasted coconut chips, to decorate
* Peel and slice the bananas, then arrange half of them in the base of the pastry shell with half of the mango slices.
* Place the cornstarch and sugar in a pan and mix together. Whisk in the soy milk and coconut milk gradually until combined. Let simmer over low heat, whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes until the mixture thickens.
* Stir in the vanilla extract, then spoon the mixture over the fruit. Top the remaining fruit and the toasted coconut chips. Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.