Gingerbread Bundt Cakes
- 250 grams soft butter
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 500 grams all purpose (plain) flour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baling powder
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread, apple pie or mixed spice
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' (icing) sugar
* Preheat the oven to 170'C. Grease a bundt cake mold (mould).
* Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until pale and creamy. Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder, spice and cocoa powder and stir into the mixture. Gradually stir in enough milk to produce a soft batter. Turn the batter into the prepared cake mold.
* Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, until a wooden cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cover with foil if it browns too quickly. Turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool.
* To make the frosting, put the cream cheese and cream in a large bowl and mix together. Add the confectioners' (icing) sugar and mix well. Drizzle the frosting over the cold cake and chill for 1-2 hours before serving.