- 120 grams of icing sugar / confectioner's sugar
- 80 grams of almond flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 grams of castor sugar / berry sugar
- 1 pinch of pink powdered food colouring
For gooseberry jam :
- 70 grams of gooseberry ( alma) juice ( available from health food stores )
- 70 grams of gelling sugar ( jam or jelly sugar )
* Make macaron shells according to the basic recipe
* Prepare gooseberry jam : mix gooseberry ( alma ) juice and gelling sugar ( jam or jelly sugar ) in a saucepan. Heat the mixture and bring to boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes on high heat, stirring constantly.
* Pour the jam into a jar and allow to cool.
* To assemble garnish 1 macaron shell with gooseberry jam then cover with another macaron shell. Assemble remaining macarons accordingly.