Chocolate Mousse Cakes
- 50 grams raisins
- 2 tablespoon dark rum
- 200 grams chopped plain (dark) chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams superfine (caster) sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 250 ml whipping cream
To Decorate :
- 250 grams raspberries
* Line a 1 liter / 2 pint loaf tin with plastic wrap (cling film)
* Soak the raisins in the rum
* Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Allow to cool slightly.
* Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla with an electric whisk until pale and thick.
* Whisk in the melted chocolate and whisk constantly for 3 minutes. Stir in the rum soaked raisins.
* whisk the cream until it forms light peaks, then fold it lightly into the chocolate until blended and then pour into the loaf tin. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
* Before serving dip briefly into warm water, turn out and decorate with raspberries. Serve in slices.