White Chocolate Cakes
These delicious cakes are studded with crunchy walnuts
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 grams self-raising flour
- 200 grams white chocolate, finely chopped
- 100 grams walnuts, chopped
For the topping :
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 50 grams walnuts, chopped, to decorate
* Preheat the oven to 160'C. Grease a high sided 16 cm square tin with butter. Line with greaseproof paper and set it aside.
* Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl with an electric hand whisk until pale and creamy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Gently fold in the flour, then the chocolate and the chopped walnuts.
* Spread the mixture in the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool.
* For the topping, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over gently simmering water, stirring until smooth and glossy. Spread it evenly over the cooled cake. Allow it to set, then decorate with chopped walnuts and cut it into 9 squares.