Chocolates with Candied Fruit Filling
- 150 grams plain (dark) chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 350 grams gianduja ( a blend of chocolate, very finely ground hazelnuts and sugar )
- 1 tablespoon hot espresso
- 50 grams chopped blanched almonds
- 150 grams candied fruit ( e.g. melon and apricots ), chopped
For The Coating :
- 200 grams chopped plain chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
* Line a square 15 X 15 cm dish or cake tin with non stick baking paper
* Break up the chocolate and put into a heatproof bowl with the gianduja. Add the espresso and melt over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water, stirring slowly but frequently.
* Toast the almonds in a dry skillet (frying pan) over a medium heat, stirring, until golden brown.
* Stir the almonds and candied fruit into the chocolate mixture and spread smoothly in the tin. Put in a cool place (not the refrigerator) for about 2 hours, to set completely
* For the coating : melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
* Cut the gianduja mixture into 3 cm cubes.
* Using a skewer, dip the cubes into the melted chocolate, one at a time. Place on non stick baking paper to set in a cool place (not the refrigerator) for at least 1 hour.