Taro Steamed Sponge Cakes Recipe :
Taro Steamed Sponge Cakes is one of the favorite steamed cakes in Indonesia, here is the simple recipe :
- 100 grams Steamed Taro, being mashed
- 100 grams Instant Coconut Milk, dissolved in 75 ml water
- 3/4 teaspoon Taro Paste
- 100 grams Egg Whites
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Emulsifier ( SP/TBM )
- 150 grams Caster Sugar
- 200 grams Low Protein Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 50 grams Smooth Chocolate Granules
* Blend the Steamed Taro that are being mashed with solution of Instant Coconut Milk and Water, also Taro Paste until soft.
* Beat the Egg Whites, Salt and Emulsifier until fluffy half. Add Caster Sugar little by little as it whipped until fluffy and stiff.
* Enter Low Protein Flour and Baking Powder with sifted and whipped slowly alternates with the mixture of Taro.
* And then add Smooth Chocolate Granules, mix well.
* Enter the dough into cup cakes size Baking Dish which is lined with Baking Paper until full.
* Steamed over high heat which preheated for 10 minutes until cooked.
The delicious Taro Steamed Sponge Cakes is ready to be presented.