Orange and Poppy Seed Macarons
- 120 grams of icing sugar / confectioner's sugar
- 80 grams of almond flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 grams of castor sugar / berry sugar
- 1 pinch of orange powdered food colouring
For Orange cream :
- 1 egg
- 100 ml of orange juice
- 60 grams of castor sugar / berry sugar
- 10 grams of cornflour / cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
* Make macaron shells according to the basic recipe
* Prepare orange cream : in a bowl mix cornflour / cornstarch and castor sugar / berry sugar. Dilute with orange juice. Add beaten egg and mix well.
* Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat, whisking constantly until cream thickens. Stir in the poppy seeds.
* Pour the cream into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool to room temperature.
* To assemble garnish 1 macaron shell with orange cream and then cover with another macaron shell. Assemble remaining macarons accordingly.