Lamington is one of the favorite cake in Australia, many Aussie people like Lamington not only because of delicious but also because it is easily made.Lamington is not only made in every family in Australia but is also sold in pastry shops or supermarkets, and even now Lamington also entered the field of industrial, many cakes factories also chocolates factories make and sell Lamington. We can easily buy Lamington at the cake shops or in the supermarkets. Supermarkets in Australia sell many Lamington in packaging. Lamington is a small square cake made from sponge cake coated with chocolate icing and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.Lamington delicious eaten with afternoon tea or a little indulgence at any time
This is the 6 easy steps to make Lamington :
1. Preheat oven to 180''C or 160"C fan. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat 125g unsalted butter and 3/4 cup caster sugar together until pale and creamy. Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and beat until combined. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold through 1.75 cups sifted self-raising flour and 3/4 cup milk, alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Fill prepared tin, smoothing top with a spatula. Cook for 30 - 35 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the icing, sift together 2 cups icing sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a bowl. Add 20g butter and 3/4 cup boiling water and stir until smooth.
5. Cut cake into 16 squares. Place 1.25 cups desiccated coconut and 1.25 cups shredded coconut in a bowl
6. Working with 1 square at a time, use 2 spoons to hold cake and dip into icing mixture, coat all over, allow excess to drip off. Place in coconut and turn to coat.
Place Lamington on a wire rack to set. Repeat with remaining cake.