Lapis-Surabaya is one of Indonesia's favorite cakes that is similar to Lapis-Legit. Lapis-Surabaya made by two methods, sponge cake and butter cake. Lapis-Surabaya created consisting of three layers, different with Lapis-Legit, Lapis-Surabaya oven not layer by layer but overlaid after baked and usually glued together with strawberry jam or vanilla cream, other jam or cream can also be used in accordance with your taste.
This is some important things in making Lapis-Surabaya, step by step :
1. Shake butter or the mix of butter and margarine until tender correct then add the sweetened condensed milk, shake until smooth and shake up until the missing air out of the butter.
2. Shake the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy correct, enter wheat flour, cornstarch and milk powdered with sifted and mix evenly.
3. Pour the beaten egg yolks into the beaten butter little by little, stirring until it is completely flat, this stirring is quite difficult, therefore it is suggested that making dough is done layer by layer, from the dough of Lapis-Surabaya can be created a variety of other layer cakes.
4. Pour the dough into the baking pan and baked with under fire 190 degrees Celcius temperature for 20 minutes or until cooked.
5. Repeat to make the second layer of brown by adding chocolate powder and the third layer that is yellow which is same with the first layer.
6. Attach the three layers using strawberry jam, do not forget to cut the skin of the upper of the brown layer.
Lapis-Surabaya generally made with three layers using two colours Yellow-Brown-Yellow, but lately many peoples make Lapis-Surabaya with a single colour.