Banana and Walnut Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 1.5 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 110 grams plain flour
- 110 grams wholemeal flour
- 45 ml buttermilk
- 145 grams walnuts, chopped
Extra equipment :
- muffin cases
- muffin baking tray
* Preheat the oven to 160'C.
* Put the muffin cases into the muffin baking tray.
* Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
* Add the caster sugar, brown sugar and eggs and stir together until well mixed.
* Add the melted butter and mix.Sift in the bicarbonate of soda and plain flour, and then add the wholemeal flour, mixing well.
* Add the buttermilk and walnuts. Stir the mixture until well combined.
* Use a teaspoon to divide the mixture equally into the muffin cases. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
* Leave the muffins to cool on a wire rack and then turn out and enjoy.
The twelve banana and walnut muffins are ready to be presented.