- 140 grams ground almonds
- 275 grams icing sugar
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- 4 egg whites
For the filling :
- chocolate spread
* Preheat the oven to 180'C
* First, blend (use the blender) the almonds, icing sugar and cocoa powder until very fine.
* Next, in a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then fold into the almond mixture.
* Then, place into a piping bag and pipe circles onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
* Place in the oven to bake for 7-8 minutes. Then, remove the macarons from the parchment to cool.
* Once cool, spread the chocolate spread filling onto one macaron, then sandwich with another macaron.
* Repeat with all of the macarons until they are all used up.
To remove the macarons without them sticking or tearing, lift one corner of the parchment. Pour boiled water onto the tray. As the water hits the base of the parchment the macarons will lift off easily.