Orange and Cranberry Muffins
- 250 grams plain flour
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 175 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 80 grams chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts
Extra equipment :
- muffin cases
- muffin tray
* Put the muffin cases in the muffin tray.
* Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl, and mix them together.
* Pour in the egg, milk and vegetable oil and mix until all the flour is combined.
* Fold in the cranberries, orange peel and nuts until distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
* Use a teaspoon to transfer equal amounts of the mixture to the paper cases.
* Preheat the oven to 190'C.
* Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until they are well risen and golden brown.
* Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
* We can use raspberries or blackberries in place of the cranberries.