Mint Chocolate Cup Cakes
- 60 grams dark chocolate
- 150 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 0.25 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 90 grams butter, softened
- 125 grams self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 30 grams ground almonds
For the topping :
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 250 grams icing sugar
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 2 drops green food colouring
- chocolate curls, to decorate
Extra equipment :
- bun tin and bun cases
* Preheat the oven to 175'C. Put the paper cases in the bun tin.
* Place the dark chocolate and water into a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
* Place the eggs, brown sugar, peppermint essence and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
* Sift in the self raising flour and cocoa powder. Add the ground almonds. Stir well to combine.
* Add the warm chocolate to the mixture and stir until just combined.
* Use a teaspoon to transfer equal amounts of the mixture to the paper cases. Bake the cupcakes for about 25-30 minutes. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
* For the topping, beat together the butter and icing sugar. Once well mixed, add the vanilla essence and food colouring. Add 2 teaspoons of hot water and beat until smooth and creamy.
* Swirl over the cupcakes. Decorate with chocolate curls.