Traditional Steamed Layer Cakes
1,700 ml of Coconut Milk extracted from one Coconut
7 pieces of Pandan Leaves as fragrances
40 pieces of Kaffir Lime Leaves bones removed as fragrances
2.5 teaspoons of Salt
700 grams of Sago Flour
2 tablespoons of Rice Flour
575 grams Caster Sugar
1/4 teaspoon of Pandan Essence
12 drops of Red dye
7 drops of Green dye
25 ml of Suji Leaves Juice for Natural Green dye
* Boiled Coconut Milk, Pandan Leaves, Kaffir Lime Leaves and Salt to a boil, let it in warm.
* Mix Sago Flour, Rice Flour and Caster Sugar, pour The Coconut Milk that has been given fragrances of Pandan Leaves and Kaffir Lime Leaves little by little, stir until blended.
* Take 600 ml of the dough then add Pandan Essence, Green dye and Suji Leaves Juice, mix well. Take another 150 ml of the dough then add Red dye, mix well. Let the rest of the dough are White without colored.
* Apply a measuring 18cm x 18cm x 7cm Baking Dish with Vegetable Oil and lined with plastic, reheat in the steamer.
* Enter 100 ml of White dough and then steamed over medium heat for 5 minutes. Enter again 75 ml of White dough on it and steamed for 5 minutes. Enter 75 ml of Green dough on it and steamed again for 5 minutes. Do until the White dough and the Green dough runs out.
* For the last layer enter 150 ml of Red dough and then steamed for 20 minutes. After finish steaming the cakes, cool it.
The Traditional Steamed Layer Cakes is ready to be presented.
The Traditional Steamed Layer Cakes which is famous named as Kue-Pepe is very yummy and savory.